Friday, August 29, 2014

My favorite version of Emma






I love all of Austen's novels and Emma is in the top two favorite ranking in my opinion. I have enjoyed all the Emma movies I have watched as well but this one with Romola Garai and John Lee Miller is my favorite. He was such a great Mr. Knightley and she a very plausible Emma Woodhouse. Michael Gambon as her father was excellent. 
I felt that Romola Garai played her role with such kindness and love that it really rang true. While resting in bed from foot surgery I watched it again and enjoyed it just as much. The BBC does these period pieces so well. All the characters were quirky and yet lovable 
Do you have movies that you watch over and over and love?
Have a Pink day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails